Friday, November 8, 2013

Fridails: Rainbow

I've always been eyeing those flashmobs/challenges/I don't know how to call them, like Digital Dozen and Twinsie Tuesday, where several nail polish lovers/nail artists will each come up with a mani on a set theme daily/weekly/monthly. I think that really encourages you to get out of your comfort zone, plus it's just so much more fun to do it with someone rather than on one's own. So, a couple of days ago Alena of The Polishing Life and I agreed we would have such an activity, too, and from now on, every Friday (if nothing gets in either her or my way) we're going to share our takes on the same theme. The name for the activity is Frinails (invented by yours truly, so I take full responsibility if the name sounds silly for native speakers, but Lord knows I love inventing new words...in any language). 
Меня всегда привлекали флешмобы/челенджи/не знаю, как их назвать типа Digital Dozen или Twinsie Tuesday, где группа лакоманьяков периодически (раз в день, неделю и т.д.) выкладывает маникюры на заданную тему. Мне кажется, такая деятельность побуждает попробовать что-то новое, а в компании это делать намного веселее, чем в одиночку. Так что несколько дней назад мы с Аленой, хозяйкой блога The Polishing Life, решили, что тоже так хотим :) Теперь каждую пятницу (если ей или мне ничего не помешает) мы будем показывать свои интерпретации той или иной темы. Имя этому всему - Frinails, придумано вашей покорной. :D

Our first theme is 'rainbow', and to make things a bit more challenging, the design had have a graphic, crisp rather than smooth quality to it. My take is a striping tape nail art. I started with 2 coats of Essie Blanc and a coat of fast dry top coat. When that dried fully, I applied striping tape and started filling the gaps between it using a small brush. As I finished filling the gaps with 2 colors, I removed the tape separating them (i.e. between red, orange and yellow, yellow and green etc.). To smooth out the design I applied another coat of top coat (holding my breath and with my tongue sticking out of my mouth so as not to smudge anything :D), and, to add more sparkle to the look (and to contribute to the theme even more), painted on a coat of I Love Nail Polish My Private Rainbow (Scattered), which is a scattered holo topper. I really enjoyed these nails, they were totally a boost of good mood on a rainy day!
Наша первая тема - радуга, а чтобы немного усложнить задачу, быо введено дополнительное условие, что дизайн должен быть графичным, четким, нежели плавным, размытым, то есть никаких градиентов :) Я это воплотила с помощью ленты для нейл арта. Начала я маникюр с 2 слоев Essie Blanc, покрыла их слоем сушки, а когда все высохло, наклеила кусочки ленты на ногти и начала заполнять пространство между ними цветами радуги. Когда я заполняла 2 цвета, ленту, разделяющую их, снимала (сначала ленту между красным, оранжевым и желтым, потом желтым и зеленым и т.д.). Чтобы устранить небольшую неровность поверхности, поверх я нанесла еще один слой топа (затая дыхание и высунув язык, чтобы не дай бог ничего не смазать :D), а затем - слой I Love Nail Polish My Private Rainbow (Scattered), рассеянный голографический топ. Такой маникюр мне очень понравился, настоящий заряд хорошего настроения в дождливый день!

Here's the list of polishes I used for the colors:
Список лаков, использованных в радуге:
Red/красный - Kiko 238
Orange/оранжевый - Anny Sunset Dreaming
Yellow/желтый - Anny Indian Sun 
Green/зеленый - Kiko 391 
Blue/голубой - Kiko 340
Indigo/синий - Kiko Kiko 335
Violet/фиолетовый - Essence nail art twins 02 Romeo 





See Alena's take on the theme here! By the way, her blog is bilingual, too :)
А то, как радугу изобразила Алена, можно увидеть здесь!

4 comments:

  1. Потрясающе вышло у вас обеих!)
    p.s. а к вам можно присоединиться?))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Очень круто! Я как-то в 8м классе рисовала радугу, тонкой кистью на белом лаке, но меня хватило только на 1 ноготь)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Мега круто и позитивно!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shez Toya-Jade Polish CostiganNovember 22, 2013 at 11:03 AM

    Pretty

    ReplyDelete