Saturday, March 15, 2014

Fridails: Inspired By Song

Blood red skies, I feel so cold...
What about us
Isn't it enough
No we're not in paradise
This is who we are
This is what we've got
No it's not our paradise
But it's all we want
And it's all that we're fighting for
Thought it's not paradise...
Within Temptation - Paradise (What About Us?)

This week's Fridails prompt was to get inspired by a song. I actually have a list of songs, after which I want to do nails. But after I went to the recent Within Temptation gig in Moscow, this task was a no-brainer for me. I loved the new album so much (it's a rare occasion for me that I like for than half of an album..under no circumstances could I ever imagine I would like the whole of it!), I was so impressed by their performance my nail art for this prompt HAD to be dedicated to them! 

Темой Fridails этой недели был маникюр по мотивам песни. У меня, на самом деле, есть целый список песен, которые я бы хотела однажды воплотить в маникюре. Но недавно я была на концерте одной из своих самых любимых групп, Within Temptation, и после него вопроса, чью песню делать, не стояло. Такого удовольствия от концерта я еще ни разу не получала! И никогда мне не нравился альбом целиком, максимум половина. 



Paradise (What About Us?) became my first choice as it was that song that carried me away at the gig. So I re-read the lyrics, and just started creating! First I did a gradient using Picture Polish Cosmos, Dance Legend Neonic 827, Kiko 238 and Anny Sunset Dreaming, which was to represent the 'blood red skies' line. It actually looks like a grungy apocalyptic sunset, at least to me, and I'm loving the look. Then I painted on clouds using black acrylic paint. Initially I wanted to freehand an outline of the gate to paradise as well, but I need either more nail space for that or finer brushes. Anyway, I was still very much satisfied with the way the manicure came out, it's really close to the picture I had in my head! As usual, the look was sealed with a coat of topcoat. 
Выбор пал на новую песню, Paradise (What About Us?), поскольку именно с этой песни меня, что называется, вынесло, и мысли улетели куда-то, куда стремилась музыка, и именно от ее исполнения остались одни из сильнейших впечатлений. Начала я с градиента из Picture Polish Cosmos, Dance Legend Neonic 827, Kiko 238 и Anny Sunset Dreaming, который у меня отвечает за строчку о кровавых небесах. Поверх получившегося у меня апокалиптического заката я черной акриловой краской нарисовала облака. По первоначальной задумке, помимо облаков, на ногтях должны были быть очертания ворот в Рай, однако я отказалась от них, поскольку не хватило места на ногтях. Либо у меня их получится отрастить, либо кисточки нужны еще тоньше. Как бы то ни было, результатом я все равно осталась очень довольна, и он вышел достаточно сильно похожим на картинку, которая была у меня в голове. Как всегда, маникюр был завершен слоем топа. 







As Maria of So Marvellous is about to take (and pass, I'm sure) final exams for her Bachelor's degree, she's taking a break from Fridails, which leaves Alena of The Polishing Life and your truly alone for some time. I wish Maria the best of luck and hope she'll be able to come back to us sooner than we expect! 
Так как Маша So Marvellous вот-вот начнет сдавать экзамены на степень бакалавра, она временно не участвует в Fridails, так что на некоторое время мы с Аленой The Polishing Life остались вдвоем. Маша, удачи тебе, и надеюсь, ты вернешься к нам скорее, чем мы ожидаем! 

1 comment:

  1. у меня просто слов нет... делать маникюр по мотивам песни или альбома - это что-то такое поэтическое, высокое и очень красивое. Сама идея мне очень понравилась. И маникюр получился таким же - поэтическим и красивым...

    ReplyDelete