Friday, May 31, 2013

Shimmer Polish Eva

Eva flies away
Dreams the world far away
In this cruel children's game
There's no friend to call her name

Nightwish - Eva 

Hey everyone!
Всем привет!

I've got another Shimmer polish to show to you today. I had swatches of it ready, like, a month ago, but when I looked at them again today I felt unhappy with them, and as it was time I changed my mani, I decided to reswatch it.
Сегодня я покажу еще один Shimmer Polish. Свотчи этого лака были готовы еще где-то месяц назад, но сегодня я их еще раз просмотрела и осталась ими недовольна. Поскольку мне все равно пора было менять маникюр, я решила переснять фото. 

Shimmer Polish Eva is silver regular shimmer and red and, as it turns out, judging by the macro shot, square-shaped shimmer suspended in vivid burgundy jelly base. The jelly nature of the base ensures the so-called 'aquarium' effect, when jelly overlays shimmer and makes your manicure look deeper. Nevertheless, it is pigmented enough for the polish to be worn on its own. I chose to layer 1 coat of Eva over 2 coats of BeautyUK Burgundy, but that was solely due to personal preferences (I prefer a more defined outline of my nail surface, so I rarely wear semi-opaque jelly polish without undies). I sealed the mani with a coat of Seche Vite, which made it smooth to touch, but, unfortunately, caused slight polish shrinkage. 
Shimmer Polish Eva - это серебристый шиммер, а также, как мне показалось после медитации на макро, квадратный красный шиммер в бордовой желейной базе. Она-то как раз и создает эффект "аквариума" на ногтях, когда желе перекрывает шиммер, делая покрытие визуально более глубоким. Однако она достаточно плотная, чтобы можно было носить лак в одиночку. Я показываю его на подложке из 2 слоев BeautyUK Burgundy, но чисто из-за того, что я предпочитаю более четкий контур покрытия. Маникюр я завершила слоем Seche Vite, который сделал покрытие гладким, но, к сожалению, немного стянул лак. 







Shimmer polish can be bought through their Etsy store, but Harlow&Co also carries a selection of Shimmer shades. More info about the brand can be found here. International shipping is available, too, by the way!
Приобрести лаки Shimmer можно через их магазин на Etsy, но на Harlow&Co они тоже продаются в ограниченном ассортименте. Больше о бренде можно узнать здесь. Кстати, международная доставка возможна также и напрямую, для этого надо связаться с владелицей. 


Disclaimer: this product was provided for my honest review by a company.  

Лак предоставлен на тестирование.


5 comments: